For more than 25 years, Blue Island Plc has provided superb customer service along with top quality products. We are always looking for trustworthy team members who learn and evolve through their work.
We would like to employ a person immediately for the position of Production Supervisor in the Processing and Packing Plant. The Plant and company Fish Warehouses are located in the Strovolos Industrial Area in Nicosia. We have been recognized as a preferred employer and are certified as a Great Place to Work®.
Responsible for the efficient operation of the Wild Fish Production Unit and for managing and mentoring his/her staff.
- Supervise the production schedule and ensure the correct submission of orders.
- Supervise and coordinate the workflow and when necessary help with manual work.
- Maintain a safe working environment for production staff and coordinate all their schedules.
- Ensure the motivation and positive approach of staff in the performance of their duties.
- Ensure the daily cleaning of the work area as defined by HACCP protocols.
- Correct production cost management.
- Control the receipt of products (correct product labelling, quantity control, quality sample control) and their storage.
- Check stocks and ensure that the procedures used to update stock records are correct.
Skills and qualifications
- Work experience in a similar position at a production facility with related responsibilities and duties.
- Good knowledge of Greek and English.
- Ability to develop and manage a well-trained and functional team.
- Ability and flexibility to work early in the morning (from 3 a.m.).
- Flexibility for working in a cold environment.
- Acceptance of diversity and promotion of equality.
- Honesty and reliability.
What we offer
- A modern, safe and well-organized work environment.
- Training and continuous support for your personal success.
- Proper preparation to meet the needs of the position and to integrate into our company’s philosophy.
- An attractive salary package, with 13th salary and Provident Fund. The salary range is from €1200 – €1400, depending on qualifications.
- Company discounts.